While sunglasses are a must-have fashion accessory, it is true that every kind of sunglasses does not suit every face shape, which is why you must put in some thought and research before buying shades that suit you.
The rules of thumb are very simple. People with small faces should wear smaller sunglasses, and people with bigger faces should wear bigger ones. The shape of the frame must be in contrast to your face's shape, so if you have a rectangular face wear round sunglasses. Here are more details on what to look for when shopping for sunglasses:
- Oval Face: This is a great face shape to have as almost any kind of sunglasses will suit it. Try out the latest styles and experiment to figure out which one you find most comfortable to wear.
- Round Face: The frames that you buy must make your face look longer and thinner than it actually is, for this you should buy sunglasses that are slightly wider than the broadest part of your face. You can add definition by buying a pair that is rectangular as this make you look like you have a longer face.
- Diamond Face: This is a face that has high cheekbones, and narrow forehead and chin. The best sunglasses shape is oval as that will soften the face's shape quite a bit. You can also try slightly curved square frames. However, the important thing to know is that the frame should not be wider than the top of the cheekbone.
- Square Shape: With a strong jaw line, wide forehead and cheekbones, this is a very angular face. You can reduce the angles by buying sunglasses that give the face some definition, like cat-eyed varieties or oval shades.
- Oblong Shape: This face shape needs to be made to long less wide and shorter than it really is, so buy sunglasses that are not wider than the widest part of the face. The best is round or square shapes.
- Triangle Shape: With a narrow jaw, and a wide forehead, this face shape needs to have the lower portion soften so as to look less sharp. Do this by buying sunglasses that highlight the eyes, like cat-eyed styles or metal frames that have rimless bottoms.
Besides face shape, it is also very important to look at skin colour. People with very pale skin should try frames that are slightly coloured with hints of rose or amber. Darker complexions should use shades that are either clear, or silver/gold. Black is not a good colour for people with darker skin.
Another thing to consider is your hair kind. Soft and curly hair is best paired with rimless frames and delicate shapes, whereas very curly hair is best with small frames that sit within the hairline. People with short hair should wear round frames, and people with very short hair should try out colourful and bold designs.
Buying sunglasses is not as simple as going into a store and picking a pair out, so make sure you look at a variety before deciding on one.
For more info on ladies sunglasses and extensive range of Ray Ban sunglasses try www.modsunglasses.com